Submission to Magical Girl Game Jam April 2020! (Themes: I Won't Rely on Anyone Anymore, This Just Can't Be Right, & Can You Face Your True Feelings? )
June Mejos is a regular high school student by day... but at night, she's a Magical Girl! With her friends, she fights Nightmares that threaten to cloud our world using the magic of Dreams.
Today is a special day for June but her friends have forgotten and ditched her! She's always been there for them. June's had enough... if they can't remember a simple day, she doesn't need them anyway. She'll prove she's strong enough to fight by herself.
And yet... something is happening inside her.
[Would you like to see more games with this character and setting? Please comment and follow! More may be in the works]
- [AWSD] or [ARROW KEYS] to move, jump, and fall through platforms.
- Press UP while in the air to Double Jump.
- Tap DOWN to fall through platforms.
- Double tap a direction key then HOLD to run.
- [N] or [LEFT MOUSE] to attack.
- HOLD: [M] or [RIGHT MOUSE] to heal. (Uses magic)
- HOLD: [N & M] or [RIGHT & LEFT MOUSE] to charge a Cherry Cannon Shot! (Uses magic)
- HOLD: DOWN to block. (Half damage when hit, no stun)
- [E] or [B] to interact with objects and advance dialogue text.
Unleash different attacks:
- [BASIC] - Press attack twice quick for One-two punch combo
- Attack + [RUNNING] - Slam
- Attack + [HOLDING UP] - Up Slap
- Attack + [FALLING & HOLDING DOWN] - Down Smack
- Attack + [BLOCKING] - Weak Jab
Art, Game Design, Scenario, and Program by ShibeyFaceGames!
Music and Sound Design by Facemelting Solos!
In-level dialogue font is "ASCII Bitmap Font 'cellphone' " by domsson on OpenGameArt.org, a CC0 release.